PDA

View Full Version : Project Interaction: Wooing or Fighting

Ken Lassman
07-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Not sure if the Stilts were were courting each other or were having a territorial confrontation as they continuously were jumping up and down and circling

Nikon D300
Nikon 300/2.8
ISO 640
F/2.8 @ 1/3200
Manual, Hand Held

Arthur Morris
07-04-2010, 04:28 AM
Interaction: yes. Focus: good. Hard to tell at time courtship of battle. I would opt for the latter here. Clipped, over-exposed pink legs and white rumps-esp the bird on our right? Yes. Distracting BKGR: Yes--the three o-o-f vertical reed close to the birds are fatal.

Juan Aragonés
07-04-2010, 09:32 AM
I would add that there seems to be a lack of details due to a noise reduction process (?) the makes this image look very unnatural :confused:

Ken Lassman
07-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Very far from my best, but wanted to contribute to the interaction project. Tough lighting and shooting against a very difficult background. Deleted dozens of frames in camera and was only able to get a few shots focused on the birds. There were 6 Stilts participating for about 15 minutes and I was trying to get a shot of them shooting straight up with the water trail. Juan, you are absolutely correct about the NR...used very strong level to try and blur the background...do realize it eradicated detail...part of my learning experience. Appreciate you and Artie taking the time to comment.