PDA

View Full Version : Moving into Ken's territory

Allen Sparks
07-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Canon 7D, Canon 300mm f4 plus Canon 1.4x Extender, monopod
ISO 400, f13, 1/400s, EC -2/3

I had the pleasure of meeting Ken today and shooting insects at his horse farm. We both live in West Tennessee. Thanks Ken for having me over!

Anita Bower
07-04-2010, 06:17 AM
What fun to meet and shoot with a fellow BPNer! Lovely composition and BG. I'm wondering why more of the insect isn't in focus? I see the legs and part of the abdomen in focus, but not the rest. I'm perplexed. I admire all you who have the patience and persistence to photograph insects.

Julie Kenward
07-04-2010, 08:35 AM
The two bug guys together? I better tell James to get an insect forum going...there'll be no stopping you now! :D

You lose a bit of focus on both ends but that eye couldn't be any sharper! Lovely BG and lighting Allen!

Roman Kurywczak
07-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Oh Boy.....we should see some interesting DF now that you both are meeting up!!! It is sharp where it needs to be .....although I always want more (I am considering focus stacking!) with a very nice BG too. He's a bit beat up on the rear wing.....but that happens in nature! Nicely done overall!

Jonathan Ashton
07-05-2010, 05:51 AM
Very nice image, i don't know how close you were but a little less magnification would have allowed a little more DOF and sharpness throughout the image.

Ken Childs
07-05-2010, 09:47 AM
I really like these Blue Dasher shots with the wing behind the head. It would be nice if the entire bug were sharp but this is sharp where it really needs to be.

We were battling the wind for most of the day so I'm happy to see that Allen was able to get some decent shots with his new camera without the use of flash.