C&C welcome and appreciated. Thanks,

Rachel

Harshad Barve
07-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Liked the pose , habitat and lighting here
TFS

Stu Bowie
07-04-2010, 01:48 AM
Hi Rachel, I like the inquisitive stare, and he blends in nicely with the surrounding grasslands. Comp wise, I would maybe take a bit off the top.

Morkel Erasmus
07-04-2010, 11:39 AM
nice scene and lighting here Rachel...
agree on cropping some from the top. did you know that they are last on the list of favoured prey of most predators? they have a gland that, upon death, releases a hormone that makes the meat taste awfully bitter.

Steve Kaluski
07-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Hi Rachel, I am quite happy with the overall crop, I don't think it needs cropping any more. It could do with some more USM, but just on the Buck. In an ideal world if you had moved more to your left you would have a better, cleaner BG, without the tree 'growing' out of the animal, but perhaps that's me?:D Looks like nice light, but can't really tell as I am away and viewing on the laptop.

TFS
Steve

Might like to reduce the size of your © text, looks a bit big.;)

Hilary Hann
07-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Don't mind the crop as shown. Agree with Steve re USM on the buck. Nice environmental background with good even lighting. I notice a really nice hair light (well, that's what we'd say for a human! :) ) running down the waterbuck's horns and it would be interesting to see whether you could bring that out a little more.

Rachel Hollander
07-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Thanks everybody. I'm traveling so can't make adjustments but when I get home I'll play with it. Thanks again,
Rachel

Don Hamilton Jr.
07-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Rachel, i like it very much , the tree is the only slight downgrade. Wow, must have been a thrill to see this in person! Thks for sharing:
Don