PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Waxwing

Patrice Allibert
07-03-2010, 06:19 AM
I would like to post another format with two birds.. but I am facing difficulties with error messages when posting a portrait format. Help needed!

Here is the bird located at the top of the perch. No crop, as is!

Nikon D300, 200-400mm TC1.4 @550mm, f6.3, Iso 400, 1/1000

Thanks for comments

Patrice

denise ippolito
07-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Here are the image size guidelines: Image size is to be no larger than 1024 pixels on the horizontal or 800 pixels on the vertical side. File size is not to exceed 200 kb. Maybe when you are posting a portrait you are exceeding the height requirements?
I like the image you have posted. I think the blue spot is a lovely color but it seems to pull my eye. I might tone it and the perch down just a bit and run a round of sharpening on the perch if it were mine. Looking forward to the two birds post!!:)

Patrice Allibert
07-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Thank you Denise. I am testing the attachment following your advice.

Here is the one with the two birds

Patrice

Daniel Cadieux
07-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Looks like you got the vertical posting figured out. On the first image the tree is a little too dominant, and cropping at least half of it away from the right would strenghten the comp.

The second is a nice opportunity you had. Is it cropped? If so I think adding back a bit top and bottom, then perhpas cropping a bit at left could provide an interesting vertical pano. As is it is quite tight top and bottom. Both bird's poses and HAs are perfect. I like the combination of tree trunk at right, and curved perch at bottom.

Another option, although a bit more extreme and perhaps beyond your personal ethics (but still releatively easy), would be to raise the whole bottom bird and it's perch then crop at bottom (and again add space above).

Patrice Allibert
07-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Thank you Denise and daniel for your input.

The original was not so cropped, so I do not have so much opportunities. I have removed all what I could on the left

I have included both your advices, here is the result!

Always good to be exposed with professional! Thank you!

Merci

Patrice