Bob Miller
07-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Nikon D-300
1/50 sec at f18
tripod
180mm Tamron Macro
ISO 800
Overcast light
Would really appreciate help with composition, sharpness? saturation? anything else?

Kaushik Balakumar
07-03-2010, 03:05 AM
Beautiful !
Liked the drops on the spiraling petals. The saturation seems fine but might run some noise reduction on the image though.

Julie Kenward
07-03-2010, 07:39 AM
I agree with Kaushik...I do see some noise issues. I like the level of saturation very much and also how the top drops are so crisp while the others fall away as you progress down the spiral; however, you've missed the very center of the rose and that's really too bad - that would have put it over the top for me. This is a tough angle to get it all just right but I'd rather see it pinpoint at the center and losing focus as you go out. Really nice try, though!

Roman Kurywczak
07-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Hey Bob,
Great Suggestions above. The are tougher than they look!!! Deciding where to crop in camera because of the leaf swirls makes composing challenging! I agree with Jules on the focal point too but at this close working distance....even a slight change in angle can make a huge difference! Colors look excellent on my monitor too!

Anita Bower
07-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Nice color and water drops. I keep wanting the center of the flower to be in focus. I like the composition you chose. Looking forward to seeing more.

Ken Childs
07-05-2010, 09:37 AM
I agree with what's already been said so I have nothing to add.