PDA

View Full Version : From Days gone by St Basil's Cathedral

Jim Poor
03-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Back from one of my stints at Moscow State University. The camera was a Minolta Maxum 7000 and the lens was a cheap no-name zoom.

I'd love to go back and travel Russia again with a camera and more knowledge than I had back then.

Besides, I miss the language :(

Judy Lynn Malloch
03-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Wonderful capture with beautiful lighting Jim. The Cathederals in Russia are magnificent. !!! We did not get to Moscow but saw many beautiful cathederals in St. Petersburg on our trip through the Baltic and on down through to St. Petersburg. What a wonderful experience you must have had and I too would would like to go back. Thanks for sharing.

Jim Poor
03-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Can you believe that there is a plan to turn St Basil's into a luxury hotel? Nuts I say, just nuts!

Judy Lynn Malloch
03-05-2008, 01:00 PM
You some times wonder just what people are thinking. I agree Jiim and what a historical loss to make this type of change.

Alfred Forns
03-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Can you believe that there is a plan to turn St Basil's into a luxury hotel? Nuts I say, just nuts!

....... if Lenin is an attraction I would not be surprised !!!! Can you imagine the view !!!! Actually I would prefer to have Gums turned into a Hotel ... that would be a view !!!!

Jim Poor
03-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Tammy and I stayed at the Hotel Rossia, which is just out of view of this image. They have since torn it down, but at least the replacement will be visually the same hotel. Just updated.

I saw Lenin once, No comment! :D

Fabs Forns
03-05-2008, 10:38 PM
What a place, I really would have loved to see it. Went to St. Pete, but no Moscow :(

Jim Poor
03-06-2008, 08:32 AM
The Spas Na Kravi Cathedral in St. Pete is beautiful too.