Canon EOS REBEL T1i
Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS @ 400mm
Av mode
1/200"
F16
ISO:400
Pop-up flash on
LR & CS3

Male Halloween Pennant. BG is wind blown water.
I took a bunch of shots but most didn't come out too well. This thing was blowing in the wind and kept spinning around like a weather vane!

Should the bud at the bottom be cloned out?

Dave Mills
07-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Hi Ken, nicely handled! Beautiful backround along with a sharp and colorful subject. I was debating a crop and extra canvas but decided I like it as is...

Tim Munsey
07-02-2010, 02:51 AM
I love these dragons set against a blue sky, again a little too much fill flash for my personal liking, but a very
striking image - great gold wings - wish it were mine!

Tim

Allen Sparks
07-02-2010, 05:44 AM
Yes, these dragons are hard to pass up. I like the composition with the blue sky and the bud at bottom does not bother me. I like the crop too. Nice image.

Roman Kurywczak
07-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Hey Ken,
The water BG looks great but perhaps a touch too bright as it does appear sky blue! Darkening this (except the bodies) overall would probably achieve that....but I happen to like the color as is! I would go with the clone out.....not a biggie.....just personally would prefer it that way. Very nicely composed and yes.....wind is the #1 reason I use and love my flash!

Ken Childs
07-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Thanks for all the comments!

Hey Ken,
The water BG looks great but perhaps a touch too bright as it does appear sky blue! Darkening this (except the bodies) overall would probably achieve that....but I happen to like the color as is!
It's sky blue because that's reflected sky you're seeing. It was a beautiful day yesterday. :)

Julie Kenward
07-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Beautiful image, Ken! Those wings are great - nice catch! I think I'd clone the buds but I'm not sure why...just personal preference I guess. I think this would also be an awesome horizontal image. Looks like you've got some gorgeous weather there!

Paul Lagasi
07-02-2010, 07:34 PM
I really like the upraise wing position, sharpness and detail..I'd say darken it a bit but I'm working from my laptop today so could be just my monitor...I'd vote yes to removing bud....really like this dragonfly, wish we had them up here..with any luck I might see one in Myrtle Beach next week..Well Done

Bob Miller
07-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Hi ken...beautiful image... I vote for cloning out the bud!

Anita Bower
07-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Lovely!! I'd leave it as is. Like the orange-gold against the blue.

Jonathan Ashton
07-05-2010, 05:39 AM
Superb shot, I would consder lowering the Highlights a little, maybe put a tissue over your flash.