PDA

View Full Version : House Wren

James Salywoda
07-01-2010, 01:32 PM
House Wren
Southern, California

Well I needed to get the dust off my camera as it has been a while since I had taken any pictures.
Not many birds singing on territory looking for mates this late in spring.
I was happy to find this little House Wren singing away and responded to calls.
This perch was his choice not a setup.:)

Nikon D300S AFS 600 F4 1.4 TC
1/400 F6.3 ISO 800

Thanks For Looking

Jim

Craig Brelsford
07-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks for this image, Jim. My setup's similar to yours, so your photo info is of particular interest to me. Of course I'd like less bird behind the branch. I like the simple, pretty, non-noisy background. The bird is sharp and attractive.

Michael Hogan
07-01-2010, 01:46 PM
James,

Love the light, fabulous bg, the eye contact and the pin sharp image. Yes the perch is not great but TFS a lovely image

Michael

Danny J Brown
07-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Beautiful little wren shot James, with nice bokeh. My thoughts on perches are "If the bird likes to land on it, then its a wonderful perch."

DB

Doug Brown
07-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Looks like you haven't forgotten how to take a picture during your sabatical! Perch is a little big, but I wouldn't pass up an opportunity like that. Pose and sharpness are excellent. See you in a week!

Judy Lynn Malloch
07-02-2010, 06:47 AM
Beautiful capture James. Love the singing pose and the lovely lighting . Beautiful BG too and so glad to see you dusted off your camera and are out photographing again. Good to see you back !!!!:)

denise ippolito
07-02-2010, 07:57 AM
James, Beautiful background colors and nice sharp details. I like the open mouth pose and the perch is not distracting.

Daniel Cadieux
07-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Nice pose and comp. Although the light looks nice and golden-soft, I'm wondering if adding a touch of red in Color Balance would make for an even nicer feel to the image? I agree the perch is a tad thick, but it is still OK.