PDA

View Full Version : Rising Above

Anita Bower
07-01-2010, 05:12 AM
Echinacea (Cone Flower) currently blooming in my garden.

Nikon D300, Sigma 105mm macro, f3.2 (Relative), 1/15 sec., ISO 200, manual exposure and focus. Taken outdoors, early morning light, tripod. PP: PS7 and Elements7: basic fixes, including some desaturation, warm photo filter. I added a glow around the flower with one of my textures (I'm now wondering if this is allowed on this forum.)

Tim Munsey
07-01-2010, 05:31 AM
Lovely soft pastel colours, like a little more head space to put it on the thirds.

Tim

Julie Kenward
07-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Mmm, mmm, good! ;) I know you love the quirky crop/composition and I think it works here. That said, if this were mine, I'd take a small slice off the bottom (just below the yellow area on the right) and add a slice to the top to redistribute the weight of the image a bit more.

LOVE how the head of the daisy falls into the yellow area at the top. Fantastic use of your surroundings Anita.

Paul Lagasi
07-01-2010, 09:34 AM
Sweet light, nice sharpness, well done Anita..agree with taking a bit off the bottom..

Ken Childs
07-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Lovely, soft coneflower! I agree with Jules' suggestion of some off the bottom and more on the top.

Roman Kurywczak
07-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Hey Anita,
While I am usually more partial to the bolder colors.....especailly on the cone flowers.....I find the soft colors work very well! Agre with the crop recommendations but will offer another possible suggestion.....go hihger and narrove the gap between the flowers below and the one sticking up.....may offer the look you were going for. Just some food for thought.

Anita Bower
07-02-2010, 05:19 AM
Mmm, mmm, good! ;) I know you love the quirky crop/composition and I think it works here. That said, if this were mine, I'd take a small slice off the bottom (just below the yellow area on the right) and add a slice to the top to redistribute the weight of the image a bit more.

Since several had this same suggestion, here is my attempt at it. What do you all think?

Anita Bower
07-02-2010, 05:25 AM
Hey Anita,
While I am usually more partial to the bolder colors.....especailly on the cone flowers.....I find the soft colors work very well! Agre with the crop recommendations but will offer another possible suggestion.....go hihger and narrove the gap between the flowers below and the one sticking up.....may offer the look you were going for. Just some food for thought.
I, too, usually go for the bolder colors. Somehow, I moved in the softer direction for this one. I liked your suggestion and tried several crops. Here is the one I like best. What do you think?

Anita Bower
07-02-2010, 05:27 AM
As always, I appreciate all the constructive feedback. :)