Nicolas Frève
06-30-2010, 07:42 PM
It was the first time I saw this phenomenon.:confused:

http://www.pbase.com/nicolasfreve/image/125552125.jpg

D3, VR 105mm, R1C1 Flash Kit
f/32, 1/60 sec., ISO 250

Allen Sparks
06-30-2010, 08:15 PM
Nice macro Nicolas! I like the details of the fly and the angle too. that green back is cool and the "throw up" (vomit) adds interest to me anyway. Might want to lose that orange blob in the upper right corner.

BillTyler
07-01-2010, 12:49 AM
Great image! Impressive to catch the behavior so nicely while maintaining good composition and technical quality.

Bill

Julie Kenward
07-01-2010, 07:21 AM
Very nice angle and details Nicolas! I can't wait for some of our bug lovers to tell us what's going on here.

I'd also clone out that orange blob in the URC and maybe tone down the flash highlights along the back. Everything else is really wonderful and creates a really strong macro image. Keep 'em coming!

Paul Lagasi
07-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Very nice detail of face, sharp, colors bang on...tres bien

Ken Childs
07-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Very nice behavioral shot, Nicolas. Great details and colors.

Very nice angle and details Nicolas! I can't wait for some of our bug lovers to tell us what's going on here.

I don't think anyone has yet been able to figure out what bugs are doing when they blow these bubbles of liquid. What I do know is that when a fly or wasp is doing it, they're usually oblivious to anything else that's going on so grab your camera and click away. You should have an easy time getting good macro shots. :)

Roman Kurywczak
07-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Hey Nicolas,
Great suggestions and comments above.....as well as the explanation by Ken above! Remove the URC and tame the HL's on the back.....this will take the image up yet another notch!

Jonathan Ashton
07-05-2010, 05:30 AM
A very nice image, I wonder though if you have gained much going for f32, I think I would have gone for f16 and perhaps reduced the magnification a little in order to increase the DOF and reduce refraction.