PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Ravi Hirekatur
06-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Hello everyone,

My name is Ravi Hirekatur. I became a member 3 months ago, and have been learning a lot from just reading the postings in this net.

I was born in India, but have lived in the US most of my life in the U.S. I live in Madison, WI. I am an Engineer turned physician by profession. I recently switched to part-time work to allow more time for my family (and to maintain my sanity).

Although I have been doing nature photography as a hobby for the past 10 years, my skills are pretty average. I joined this group so I could improve my skills. Most of my work has been in slides and I switched to digital photography 3 years ago, and still struggling with it.

My equipment is pretty basic with a Canon 30D with a few consumer level lenses, the longest being 70-200/2.8 (non-IS).

I have a fascination for birds and hope to do more bird photography in the future.

I have received great help from the members of this forum regarding gear selection. People are very friendly and eager to help, for which I am grateful.

Ravi

Harold Davis
06-30-2010, 06:18 PM
hi ravi, welcome to bpn! looking forward to seeing your work. dont be shy. go ahead and post one!!!

Doug Brown
06-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Welcome Ravi!

Lance Peters
07-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Hi Ravi - big warm welcome - come over and see us in ETL if you need any help ;)

Harshad Barve
07-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Hi Ravi , Big welcome to BPN and looking forward to see you participating