PDA

View Full Version : White-cheeked Barbet

Varun Bellie
06-30-2010, 06:48 AM
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9630/whitecheekedbarbesmall1.jpg

Equipment used : Canon 40D, Canon 300mm f/4 L IS USM + Canon 1.4x extender

John Chardine
06-30-2010, 06:55 AM
Hi Varun- very nice (new to me) bird! The background is very good- smooth and not distracting, and the perch suits the bird well. The pose is good and the food item adds a lot of interest. I would have wished for the bird to be looking down a bit more, and slightly more away from you. In another version I might try removing the leaf, lower left. The main issue with the image is that is looks quite heavily over-sharpened to me, as evidenced by the halos.

denise ippolito
06-30-2010, 07:40 AM
I like the pose and the perch. John has given some good suggestions. I wish the leaf were not there also.

Axel Hildebrandt
06-30-2010, 08:17 AM
Good-looking specimen, BG and the berry adds to it. Adding to the other comments, I wish the angle were lower. Could you have backed up a little? I would tone down the highlights and put the bird a tad higher in the frame.

Could you post the complete techs?

Daniel Cadieux
06-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Neat bird! Nice BG, and nice perch (although I would tone down the lighter top half of it). I like the bit of rim lighting on the tail. Although I don't mind the leaf too much, I think it could be toned down too. Sharpening issue mentioned.