PDA

View Full Version : Double decker cormorplatypus

Cheryl Slechta
06-29-2010, 07:06 PM
It takes me so long to visualize where to cut that I'm exhausted when I finish one of these. Then I kind of get in the groove and the next one is a little easier (I hope:eek:). After cutting this poor cormorant and pasting him back together I gave him a slight Topaz Adjust and then some poster edge for good measure (poor guy):) Now that I'm really looking at this I see that I should have cropped out the right edge and the poster edge didn't do the water any favors. (Sorry about that).

Thanks for looking. And Mark, thanks for suggesting the theme! It's fun.

Cheryl Slechta
06-29-2010, 07:12 PM
I really hated that edge so I fixed it - Sorry, Denise if that's a no-no - if so, take it down.:)

Cindy Cone
06-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Nice job with the flip, Cheryl. They can be exhausting, can't they? I usually try two or three times before I get the cut that I think works.

I like the "aerial view" on this one, and I do like the repost.

Cheryl Slechta
06-29-2010, 07:52 PM
Cindy, I'm glad you said that - I thought it was just me and the visualizing thing. (I'm not good at spatial concepts:))

denise ippolito
06-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Cheryl, Nice aerial view. A teeny bit tight on the top and bottom. I like the flip it looks neat. I might try to clear up some of the smudges in the BG. I think it looks cool w/ the bird on top of the bird look.:)

Julie Kenward
06-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Cheryl, I totally agree - these are mind boggling to figure out at the beginning, aren't they? I love this bird, though! It looks like it could be in the same time period as Mark Fuge's Aligator. ;)

Mark Fuge
06-30-2010, 07:23 AM
Nice image and application, Cheryl.

I would blend the centerline wave, behind the bird, to eliminate the match point feature and make it look more natural. But otherwise nice image.

Patti Edens
06-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Cheryl, Very cool image you have created! I love that by flipping the bird, the viewing angle seems to have changed from across to a top view. Now that boggles my mind for sure.

Patti

Kerry Perkins
06-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Cheryl, this reminds me of an alien ship, speeding across the water. You're getting in the "flipped" groove for sure!

Paul Lagasi
06-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Nice flip, like the subjects upraised wings and finished product, well done