PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Portrait

Sabyasachi Patra
03-05-2008, 04:50 AM
This tiger was hiding in the tall grass. I could spot it, but unfortunately the tiger was visible from only one place. Only one eye was visible, rest all was hidden behind the grass. It had started drizzling. Light levels were very low.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, EF 70-200f 2.8 L IS USM, EF 2xII converter.
1/60, f5.6, ISO 400.

Robert Amoruso
03-05-2008, 07:18 AM
You certainly have good access to great subjects and did well here getting the lenses through all the obstructions to get a pretty good view of the tiger. Placing him in the center of the image is hurting it though. I suggest an alternate crop below. I also opened up the tones using a levels adjustment and added some contrast.

Vincent Grafhorst
03-05-2008, 10:27 AM
The conditions were totally against you here, a real pity and don't we all know how frustrating these kind of situations are? Robert's cropped composition makes the image a lot better, but this cannot be turned into a winner. It must be awesome to see these big cats in the wild. I hope you have better opportunities on your next trip.

Steve Maxson
03-05-2008, 02:43 PM
Looks like you made the best of a less-than-ideal situation. I like Robert's alternate crop idea.

Bob Ettinger
03-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Nice going and the repost is better. That OOF flower in the lower right in the original is distracting.

Steve Canuel
03-05-2008, 11:36 PM
Tough conditions. Lots of grass and sticks blocking the way, low light, and a subject that will eat you if you get too close. You did manage to get a good look at that one eye though. I agree with Robert's crop suggestion. Do you have enough to try an an "artsy" close up crop of the face and eye?

Steve

D. Robert Franz
03-06-2008, 09:05 AM
I like Roberts suggestions. Great opportunities your having with the tigers.