PDA

View Full Version : Flicering Flame more room

Roman Kurywczak
06-29-2010, 04:27 PM
Since many of you expressed a preference for more room on the previous post:
http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66416
Here it is! I probably have 5 different comps of this and I wanted to share with you my belief that if you see something that captures your eye.....you need to explore it. Take as many angles as you can because you never know if that opportunity will come around again. I too often find people chasing the next thing......and not giving enough time to what captivated them in the first place!
Canon 1D Mark lll with the 17-40mm lens at 28mm at f22 for 0.8 sec. at ISO 100.....tripod mounted.

Dave Mills
06-29-2010, 04:35 PM
Good advice Roman! I like it moved over a bit from the edge...Well done!

Morkel Erasmus
06-30-2010, 02:21 AM
Roman this one is much stronger for me...love it!

Robert Amoruso
06-30-2010, 08:44 PM
I like the more room one better. Since it is the roof the other one felt claustrophobic and this one I don't feel like I am going to bump my head.

Hilary Hann
06-30-2010, 09:57 PM
I like this view very much, great detail and toning and the lines of the rocks really involve the viewer in the photograph. I have an urge to follow the lines and see what is through the gaps where the light shows and in my eyes, that makes the photograph work on all levels. Excellent.

Judy Howle
07-19-2010, 05:28 PM
I haven't seen the other one but this one is amazing. The colors and patterns and point of view look perfect to me!