PDA

View Full Version : White Pelican Impressions

Fabs Forns
01-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Whenever I have the chance, I love doing in-camera effects.
This afternoon in Placida, while on Artie's Post-Xmas IPT,
The Pelicans and reflections from a boat were screaming for attention, and I got some of the participants to get their feet wet at using slow shutter speeds to create pleasing abstractions.

D300, 70-200/2.8 plus 1.4X
S (Tv) @ 1/13 of a second.
ISO 250
Moving the camera slightly while pressing the shutter.

Comments appreciated :)

Josh O'Donnell
01-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Very nice Fabs... I've missed seeing your abstract work on the various discussions forums and look forward to seeing more here. I really like how the various color reflections line up with the pelicans' heads, it adds another dimension to the image. I assume S is shutter priority? If so, what did the camera set for the aperture on this image?

Alfred Forns
01-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Hi Josh From the tech info it was at 1/13 sec We vary the SS according to distance and movement sped/direction

Fabs I'm impressed Did not think of doing any blurs that day I think I was overwhelmed by fish!!!!:)

Fabs Forns
01-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Very nice Fabs... I've missed seeing your abstract work on the various discussions forums and look forward to seeing more here. I really like how the various color reflections line up with the pelicans' heads, it adds another dimension to the image. I assume S is shutter priority? If so, what did the camera set for the aperture on this image?

Thanks, Josh. According to the data, it was f/40 :eek:

Josh O'Donnell
01-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Thanks, Josh. According to the data, it was f/40 :eek:

f/40, wowsers! I figured it was pretty small but that's really pushing it to the limit!

Mike Gallo
01-04-2008, 08:00 AM
I love the artistic quality that the blur provides in the birds and reflections. Beautiful work Fabs.

Nonda Surratt
01-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Love the colors!