PDA

View Full Version : Acadia Coast

Bob Miller
06-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Taken in Acadia NP Maine
I was trying to make some interesting compositions with my new Vari Nd filter and the rocks along the coast when i spotted the strong triangle shaped rock in the fg. I kind of like the dark mood
Nikon D-300
2 sec at f22
ISO 200
12-24 mm Tokina lense at 18mm
All comments welcome!
Is the water too blue? Sky?

Dave Mills
06-28-2010, 10:45 PM
Hi Bob, This image does have a cold,dark mood. I like how you separated the rocks not having a merge. The long exposure gave the water a softness which is appealing. In this case I like the reflected light on the rocks. I often use a polarizer which would probably take that out.
If this were mine I would do 2 things. I would take out the cut rock in the lower left and fill in the bright opening on the top left. I looked at a crop but felt you had a good balance.

Ramesh Adkoli
06-29-2010, 12:47 AM
Bob, lovely image. I liked the blue hues reflected by water. IMO, it contrasts well with the gray sky. The slow shutter speed has given the water an interesting texture. TFS.

regards,
ramesh

Robert Amoruso
06-29-2010, 06:23 AM
FOr the reasons mentioned above, this looks great.

Kobus Tollig
06-29-2010, 07:23 AM
Dave has said it well. Well done here

Roman Kurywczak
06-29-2010, 09:48 AM
Hey Bob,
I love playing with that filter! I had the same interesting effect on the clouds as it did on the water! I do agree with Dave's recomendations to further strengthen the impact. I like blues, so I would leve it as is but you could also whiten the water.....which would impart another different feel. Nice luxury to have because it all started with a strong comp!

Bob Miller
06-29-2010, 11:42 PM
Thanks for suggestions and comments!