PDA

View Full Version : Yin-Yang!

Ramesh Adkoli
06-28-2010, 11:52 AM
Here is an image of Chunchi falls, about 80km from Bangalore. This is the lower part of the falls. When i went this time, the flow was very low. That exposed the rocks. Here wet rocks on the right contrast well with the dry ones on the left. My daughter had accompanied me on this trip and when she saw this image, she uttered Yin-Yang. That's how the image is named:) Appreciate your views.

D700, 70-200mm @200mm, Vari-ND filter, 3s, f/10, ISO 200, tripod mount, very sunny morning
CNX2, levels and curves, B&W conversion

regards,
ramesh

Bob Miller
06-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Hi Ramesh....I like the idea contrasting the wet rocks with the dry and the the title Yin Yang fits nicely! Seems to work well here as a B&W. Your whites look good to me as well as the rich blacks! Composition loooks good....no criticisms from me....I like it!

Dave Mills
06-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Hi Ramesh, good choice for a B&W. You held good detail in both areas. The s curve comp is also appealing. I might have given a bit more room on the bottom...

Robert Amoruso
06-29-2010, 06:25 AM
Ramesh,

I agree, works well for the reasons mentioned above.

Kobus Tollig
06-29-2010, 07:22 AM
Ditto Dave on this. I would also like more room at the bottom

Roman Kurywczak
06-29-2010, 09:41 AM
Hi Ramesh,
Is this the same falls from a color version a while back? if yes, then it also works just as well in B&W! I think a bit more room would be a preference.....only by tilting the camera slightly down (given that you were maxed out on the zoom). The strong s line is very appealing and the flow just works very nicely.

Ramesh Adkoli
06-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Thanks everyone for your views and inputs. Appreciate that. Roman, you remembered the earlier images of this falls! Incredible! One of them was the image of the head of this part. Here is the link: http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44526
Plan to go back when monsoon rains pickup.

regards,
ramesh