PDA

View Full Version : In Flight Black-Necked Stilt

Thomas Finnie
06-27-2010, 06:56 PM
I heard a sharp, yipping call and turned around just in time to see and to capture an image of a slim Black-Necked Stilt flying by with its extremely long pinkish legs trailing behind.

Nikon D300, 400mm, f/8, ISO 400, 1/800 sec

http://i45.tinypic.com/zxp2fc.jpg

Jackie Schuknecht
06-27-2010, 08:29 PM
I think the pose looks good. I might give it a bit more room up front. Colour temp looks warm, but might have been morning or evening light. Well captured considering the short time you had.

allanrube
06-27-2010, 08:35 PM
Nice sharp capture with good eye contact. I think it is a bit tight in the frame. If it was my image I would increase the canvas size.

Thomas Finnie
06-27-2010, 09:35 PM
I think the pose looks good. I might give it a bit more room up front. Colour temp looks warm, but might have been morning or evening light. Well captured considering the short time you had.

Hi Jackie,

The picture was captured as the sun was setting at the end of the day hence the warmthness as you remarked.

Thanks for your kind comments. :(
Tom

Thomas Finnie
06-27-2010, 09:37 PM
Nice sharp capture with good eye contact. I think it is a bit tight in the frame. If it was my image I would increase the canvas size.

Hi Allan,

I appreciate your nice remarks and thanks for your suggestions for the tightness. :(
Tom