PDA

View Full Version : OOTB Spoonie

Cheryl Slechta
06-27-2010, 04:32 PM
I've got to work up my nerve to do flips:eek: Here's a spoonie from the St. Augustine Alligator Farm that I used fractalius on.
I never came up with a crop that I liked so hopefully I'll get some suggestions.

Thanks for looking:)

denise ippolito
06-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Cheryl, I love the fractalius effect on the feathers. I think the bright outlines by the head and underside could be eliminated. The crop seems tight on the bottom w/o room for the virtual legs and feet but I may have cropped in even tighter to eliminate the OOF FG. But Cheryl those feathers and that bill are fantastic.:)

Jackie Schuknecht
06-27-2010, 06:43 PM
I like the frac filter, it looks good on the feathers Cheryl. I think you have come up with a good crop.
As for flips Chery; just go through some of your jpegs, use the marquee tool and select the area you want to flip. Go to edit/transform. flip vertically or horizontally. then use the move tool and your cursors, Some images work, some don't. Working through the jpegs will give you a quick idea.

Christopher Miller
06-27-2010, 08:20 PM
Hi Cheryl, I like the bold colors and frac effect on this. Great pose too. Would be nice if those OOF leaves weren't covering the tail area, but that's pretty minor.

Deborah Hanson
06-27-2010, 09:08 PM
As commented above, I also like the frac work (again, wishing I had the program).
The colors are great and really like pose of bird.
I might loosen the crop on the sides a bit and take a very small bit off the top if mine.

Mark Fuge
06-28-2010, 07:39 AM
Nice image and application, Cheryl.

I might have added a little more to the right side, but ... your image ... your vision! ;)

Join the fun of Flip Week. If you choose a critter, a head on shot is best and cut the head at an angle then flip and join. See what becomes of it and move where your vision leads you! But whatever you do ... come on down!!! ;) :D

Kerry Perkins
06-28-2010, 11:59 PM
Nice electric look and I love the preening pose! Just enough fract effect to bring out the details. I do agree that some haloes could be removed.