PDA

View Full Version : Tern Chick

Nick Palmieri
06-26-2010, 08:09 PM
Had the privilege of spending a few hours with Art Morris this morning at Nickerson Beach. Taught me some tricks to get close to these little guys. Al Brown from NJ, Alan from NH, and Joe from LI was also there. Roman was running one of his tours with Denise on the other end of the beach. Almost a BPN get together...Nice meeting you guys. Shot with the 600mm with a 1.4 converter, f/7.1, SS 1/1250, ISO 400, Flash EC -2. Tripod mounted lying on my stomach. A few things removed from the beach and some cropping of the left side and top.

Joe Senzatimore
06-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Fine image Nick. Sorry our meeting was so short. Contact me next time you are coming out this way and we can spend some time.

Colin Knight
06-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Would this look better a bit brighter? Maybe some CW rotation too.

I love the walking pose, HA, eye contact, and lighting. What were the tricks to get close to these little guys?

TFS!

Troy Lim
06-26-2010, 10:11 PM
Agree with image being dark. Walking pose is great. Could use a bit more sharpening too.
Love to learn the tricks as well.

Brian Zwiebel
06-27-2010, 04:04 AM
Nick, Working from the laptop here but agree with the others that it does look a little dark, Love the long stride pose here! Might take just a little off the bottom.

Good Shooting!

BZ

Juan Aragonés
06-27-2010, 04:24 AM
Composition, pose, angle, light and eye contact works very well here but the image is a bit underexposed.

Roman Kurywczak
06-27-2010, 10:52 AM
Hey Nick,
So this is what you guys were crawling around for!!! Agree with lightening this a touch but the pose is killer.....so tweaking this a touch will put it over the top!

Morkel Erasmus
06-27-2010, 04:13 PM
agree on the underexposure and the lack of fine sharpening. easily fixed :)

uber cute and the low angle works well

denise ippolito
06-27-2010, 05:01 PM
Nick, Beautiful action captured and lucky you getting this close!!!Sweet ,sweet shot. Agree w/ lightening the image. Good seeing you yesterday.:)

allanrube
06-27-2010, 08:38 PM
The walking and eye contact are great here. I am not sure how much I would lighten the image as it was dark when you took the shot.
Great meeting you Nick. Hope to be back sometime.

Nick Palmieri
06-28-2010, 05:52 AM
Thanks gang. I am a bit tossed about this image being dark. The sun was just coming up...I was as far to the right without blowing out highlights. Actually when I downloaded it in BB, the Histogram was mostly just to the right of center (not sure why my camera and BB histograms are so different??), and moved it a hair further to the right. Would love to get others opinions about how to deal with this???