06-26-2010, 03:36 PM
Canon EOS REBEL T1i
Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Av mode
1/250"
F22
ISO:100
LR & CS3

I've been overwhelmed with work and exhausted by the heat so I haven't been shooting much the past few days. I went though some old shots to see what I might have missed the first time through.

Shot indoors with natural window light. Cloned out some imperfections. Used a minor amount of surface blue on the petals.

Bob Miller
06-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Hi Ken...know what you mean by the heat! It can be brutal lately!. I like your photo for the bright colors and very sharp details in the pistils and stamens. The splash of green is great! Nice selective focus!

Allen Sparks
06-26-2010, 07:33 PM
I like the stamen placement and how the petals act as a backdrop for them. Nice colors. well done.

Roman Kurywczak
06-27-2010, 10:27 AM
Hey Ken,
I planted these in front of my house......beautiful but very aggressive! I think you nailed the comp with the placement and the pattern of the veins. Yours get more pollen than mine.....so a bit busy because of that.....but that is the way it was/is.....so very nice job composing and handling the light!

Julie Kenward
06-27-2010, 03:30 PM
I'm not loving this one for some reason. I think it is because of the pink lines feeling a bit soft and fuzzy. I realize the stamen are the focal point but they seem so "unkempt" that I don't like keeping my eye there.

Jonathan Ashton
06-28-2010, 09:59 AM
I find this one a little unsettling, (probably because you mentioned it) I see a blue cast and I am struggling to find the focal point, I might have tried a wide aperture to isolating some of the stamens and providing a muted background, I like the idea behind the composition.