PDA

View Full Version : kalahari sunrise b&w warmtone

peter delaney
06-26-2010, 03:29 PM
D2xs 200-400mm lens, @ 200mm , 1/100 @ f14, iso 400 , car bracket, wimb head,

Robert Amoruso
06-26-2010, 04:47 PM
Peter,

Very interesting, stylized image. I like the details in the clouds and good placement of the trees and the sun between them.

Did you purposely change the hues of the lower part of the image from that of the sky? I am wondering it the same hues as the sky, allowed to continue into the FG may be better? be different?

I believe I see halos around the trees.

Dave Mills
06-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Hi Peter, If this image wasn't handled well it could of been way too busy but you picked out 2 dominant trees and used those as anchors while also framing the moon. I like the fact the moon is offset and the wispy clouds in front add more interest. The clouds build layer after layer which has enough interest to deserve the space devoted to it.
As Robert said the image seems stylized and it works for me....

Bob Miller
06-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Hi Peter...This works for me! Love the composition and styling applied!

Roman Kurywczak
06-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Hey Peter,
I too see haloing?.....around the trees is most noticable. I do like the placement of the mainn trees and the sun. I feel cropping some off the top (almost and open band of sky) helps give some more focus to the tree line. In the FG, I think if you pull out some more depth....this will have more impact. Nicely thought out but this needs some tweaking for my tastes.

Buddy scherr
06-27-2010, 06:29 PM
LOVE IT! Got an out loud Wowww from me. Kinda says it all.

Morkel Erasmus
06-29-2010, 04:19 AM
lovely processing Peter...halos noted, but I know how tricky it can be in this place to get a decent landscape compo from the car window...I like Roman's crop suggestion