PDA

View Full Version : Tree blur

Cheryl Slechta
06-26-2010, 03:01 PM
I've been too busy this week to even turn on my computer and I just tried to catch up with everyone's HDR posts which are awesome:) I don't have anything theme related to post but thought I'd post one of my blurs that I did recently. I added a slight Topaz Adjust (HDR pop I think:confused:)
f/11, 1.3 sec., ISO 200, EV+.3, taken almost before dark.

Thanks for looking.

Julie Kenward
06-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Cheryl, I really like the blur technique you've used here. For some reason, the bottom feels "unanchored" to me - probably because the grass is the lightest part of the image. You might take a look at darkening that area a bit so it's more in line with the deeper tones in the rest of the image. It's just a suggestion - I have no idea if it would be an improvement or not. I just find my eye keeps floating out of the frame when I look at the lower half of the image.

Jackie Schuknecht
06-26-2010, 05:43 PM
I like the image Cheryl, and think it might have been stronger with more vertical darker trees.

Paul Lagasi
06-26-2010, 07:25 PM
As I've said in the past...I just don't get blurs..but this one I get. For me the only nit I have, and its a small one..is the black branch in the top right hand corner. Having said that..this is a really nice image, would make a good painting...well done.

denise ippolito
06-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Cheryl, I just love this. the slightly curved tree trunks and the soft painterly feel make this one special. Hang it!:)

Lance Peters
06-28-2010, 12:25 AM
like this a lot Cheryl - would prefer without the dark branch in the top right.
Still Very nice - would print and hang!!

Anita Bower
07-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Lovely! It is different from most of the tree blurs I've seen, and I like it a lot.