ISO Speed 400
Lens EF180mm f/3.5L Macro USM
Flash Type External E-TTL
E-TTL II flash metering Evaluative flash metering
Flash Exposure Compensation -2
Shutter curtain sync 1st-curtain sync
AF Mode AI Servo AF
AF area select mode Manual selection

Rather than a straightforward portrait I have submitted a behavioural shot - hope you like it. All comments welcome.

Juan Carlos Vindas
06-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Very nice image Jonathan and very pretty butterflies. I like the composition and DOF, would increase contrast a little.

Julie Kenward
06-25-2010, 09:17 PM
That is just an embarrassment of riches, Jon! My goodness...to see this many at one time! I like this as much as the other image you put up and I liked that one alot! Sure, it would be nice if the bottom butterflies were a little more in focus but I agree - it's a great environmental/behavioral image.

Caroline Darmo
06-26-2010, 12:27 AM
Wow! How cool is this! I like the pose and sharpness of the upper butterflies. The bottom pair have an almost identical pose which really enhances this. The only thing that draws my eye a little is the diagonal whitish line on the lower right. Wonderful image!

Roman Kurywczak
06-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Hey Jonathan,
While this one may not get you the Oh wow!!!....of your earlier post.....it still has a lot of impact because of the reasons Jules mentions. I will confess the I do like your 1st pose of the lovely creatures better......but put this together with that 1st mating one......and it starts to tell the whole story........a very nice series!

Ken Childs
06-26-2010, 05:30 PM
This is a great shot of nature in action! Well spotted and captured!

Bob Miller
06-26-2010, 07:42 PM
Hi Johnathan...lovely image! Agree with caroline about the distracting white line! Congrats!