PDA

View Full Version : Super Sized Frog

Roman Kurywczak
03-04-2008, 07:07 PM
My sons love frogs.....so I got them this super sized one! Shot in a local NJ park using the digital Rebel and the Sigma 180mm macro with the 1.4 tele and a 20mm extension tube. Bright overcast was helped with the MT 24 twin lights at ISO 400 at f22 and 1/100th of a second, handheld while laying on the ground out over the water.
Comments welcomed and appreciated,
Roman

Small Group Photo Tours
www.roaminwithroman.com

Robert O'Toole
03-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Wow Roman great colors, textures, warts and all, and very sharp.

2 small details that I would like to point out, not flaws just personal preferences.
For clients and personal images I usually eliminate extra catchlights. You can see the MT24 flashtubes sharply in this frog.
The crop is tight for me and I usually like them on the tight side so I would guess this is too tight for most people out there but as mentioned this is personal.

Thanks for sharing.

Robert

Mike Moats
03-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Hey Roman, Really nice color, and sharp details. I'm like Robert when it comes to tight shot, and would agree it might be a little to tight. The reflection in the eye from the flash can be cloned out. Well done.

Vincent Grafhorst
03-06-2008, 06:12 AM
Great details in the frog here Roman, nice colours also. As presented it is only way too tight for my taste, if this is cropped I would give it some more room to the right and on top.