PDA

View Full Version : Flying Roseate

Muriel Bell
03-04-2008, 06:54 PM
30D AV 135 mm f8 l/l500 400 ISO minus .5 Substantial crop. Comments, criticisms much appreciated.

Alfred Forns
03-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Hi Muriel

Other than it is a crop can say much wrong with the image Real good detail and no hot areas Interesting with the chosen compensation of -.5 Would have thought you would need 0 or something plus Does look good !!!!

About the only thing I might do is go a bit tighter I know it is cropped already and you did not want to go more !!! Big Congrats on this one !!!

Judd Patterson
03-05-2008, 01:36 AM
Hey, Muriel, that sure is an interesting viewpoint to really show off that spoon-shaped bill. Lots of great color in those wings as well. Too bad that it's a substantial crop, but maybe you'll get some more flying spoonbill opportunities soon!

LeeOtsubo
03-05-2008, 08:37 AM
This is a fun perspective and a good photo. The exposure is dead on. I really like the detail in the sunlit feathers and that I can see the bone structure of the wings. Dialing in -.5 EC kept the white face, neck and shoulders from blowing out so that was a good call. Too bad you didn't have a longer lens than 135mm.

Robert Amoruso
03-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Muriel,

One thing to try with these types of images is the "T" formation. Best captured when they fly right over you and have the wings out-stretched and not flapping.