06-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Nikon D-300
1/80 sec at f16
ISO 800
180 mm Tamron macro
Comments welcome!

Dave Mills
06-24-2010, 10:44 PM
Hi Bob, love the lighting with the black backround making it pop. Just as with birds I would have liked more room in front of the flower than the rear. Also a little more room on the bottom is preferable...otherwise a pleasing image!

Greg Ruckert
06-25-2010, 02:36 AM
Hi Bob. I would have prefered to see a different angle on the flower to give more detail on the front. Great depth of field. Like it very much.

Julie Kenward
06-25-2010, 11:56 AM
I like this angle very much, Bob. I agree with Dave that a bit off the left side and a bit more on the bottom would help set it up as a stronger image from a compositional standpoint. I love the colors and tones of yellow against that black BG - very dramatic!

If you want to be super picky, I guess you could clone over some of the white dots on the stem but it's really lovely as is.

Roman Kurywczak
06-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Hey Bob,
This is a tough flower and I think you hadled it well! I agree with Dave's recommendations but will give you this to try out.....same comp.....slight rotation towards you. I can spend hours rotating and positioning....what you have great here is the tails all clearly definied.....you may start to lose that with rotation.....so be careful with that. Very nicely done overall!

Mike Moats
06-25-2010, 04:54 PM
Hey Bob, beautiful details, like the diagonal line and lighting.:)