Early morning light
Nikon D-300
8 sec at f18 ISO 800
12- 24mm Tokina lense at 22 mm
Comments much appreciated

Roman Kurywczak
06-24-2010, 09:10 PM
Hey Bob,
Sweet light and I love the effect the long exposure had on the water. I'm not going to say I wish you had moved left.....as I'm pretty sure the area you were in .....not much of an option!.....but the rocks on the right are very strong in both color and presence......so I have debated them for a while. B4 I say i would prefer this w/o them.....I want you to tweak the brightness of the water.....darken it a bit and try to bring out all the silky details......thiis may balance the image overall where the rocks won't overpower the scene....make sense?

Kobus Tollig
06-25-2010, 04:38 AM
Great comp here and great light. I would say that the blend here is not the best. With some TLC this could be wow

Dave Mills
06-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Hi Bob,Agree with Roman regarding bringing out the details in the water.
There is something about the balance of the comp that is bothering my eye. I thought there might be too much sky so I cropped the image down to where I thought the sky was better balanced. In doing that the rocks on the right didn't look right. I then settled for a small crop on top(just below the top outcropping)
Nice light and pleasing subject matter..

Robert Amoruso
06-27-2010, 06:29 AM
Bob,

Where in Maine is this.

I downloaded the image and darkened the water using the highlight recovery sliders in PSCS4 Shadow/Highlight adjustments. A curves adjustment and masking can be done as well. Bringing more detail in the water out and darkening it will strengthen the image.

Nice work on the composition and colors. Though the rock on the right is a strong presence, I do like it. You can de-emphasize some by reducing its saturation and brightness.

Bob Miller
06-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the help everyone! As usual, your feedback is terrific!
Robert.....Thunder Hole is in Acadia NP