PDA

View Full Version : Hydrangea

Dave Mills
06-24-2010, 11:35 AM
I shot this in my backyard this morning. Not sure of the type of hydrangea but the flower heads are over a foot long.
Only had 1 blooming this year. Tried a different method of cropping the subject which I think is interesting but would like other opinions.
Nikon D300,200mm macro,F32,1/60,twin lights,tripod mtd.
I could probably use a round of sharpening on the green area...

Allen Sparks
06-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Interesting crop...The lighter flowers on the right lead me in that direction but then the green area makes me go back to there too. I like it is as is but the narrow crop also has me wanting to see more of the whole thing - alot of different ways to play around with this one. Nice overall I'd say.

Julie Kenward
06-24-2010, 07:38 PM
This would also be neat as a vertical with the top of the cone going towards the ULC. I like the tight crop here and the DOF seems pretty darn sweet to me. I really like how the light is bouncing off those petals!

Bob Miller
06-24-2010, 08:49 PM
HI Dave...interesting and effective composition! I too like the light on the petals.Yes, i agree with sharpening the green area

Roman Kurywczak
06-25-2010, 02:28 PM
Hey Dave,
a pano macro flower shot you say!!! I do think I would prefer this as a vert. Yes another round of USM in the greens but you got some great light bounce!

Anita Bower
06-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Not sure how I feel about the crop. My first thought is--good for you for trying something different! It helps us all see differently. I see what Allen means about my eye moving between the light whites on the right and the green on the left. I would like to see a crop where the green is off center top to bottom. I'd also clean up a few of the damaged spots on those lovely white petals.