PDA

View Full Version : Theme Creativity- Juvenile Spoonbill

Mike Tracy
06-24-2010, 04:25 AM
From Alafia Banks last Monday. Wings were clipped as this is 90% full frame so I tried to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Removed a couple of falling water drops coming off the feet.

MKIII, EF500 @1.4x, 1/1250, f/8, ISO 800, HH

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114/BlueDeuce1/spoon3.jpg

Michael Hogan
06-24-2010, 07:37 AM
Mike, Not sure what to make of this. I have sat back for a while and looked at it and all I can come up with is what a pity you don't have all the bird. Also it is a little over sharpened (especially the feet) for my taste.

TFS

Michael

thijs broekkamp
06-24-2010, 08:00 AM
Pretty nice pose, but i would loved to see the whole bird. Yes thee feets seems weird. I think the water drops would be nice!

Judy Lynn Malloch
06-24-2010, 09:03 AM
Hi MIke ,

Love the color and the killer BG that compliments so well. The overall impression is just beautiful. Great exposure and detail and I really love the direct eye contact. Although it is not your usual flight image that includes the whole bird I personally love it as presented. It really made me sit up take notice. I would love to have this as a print !! Congratulations .

Stu Bowie
06-24-2010, 09:36 AM
Mike, I think by cropping this symmetrically has made this work. Good head on approach, and I like the complimentary colours in the BG. Another vote for wanting to have seen the droplets.

Fabs Forns
06-24-2010, 10:04 AM
The light is incredibly beautiful, Very sharp in the face. I'd consider cropping the wings a bit more, but I'd have to see it to compare.
Thanks for participating in the project :)

David Thomasson
06-24-2010, 11:29 AM
The light, form, and head-down stare are great!! My first inclination was the same as Fabs' ... try cropping a little tighter on the sides and see what happens. Nicely done! :cool:

Troy Lim
06-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Mike, very creative, like the crop.
If you look around the edges of the feet and tail, look like watercolor effect. What did you do in PP?

marco peschiera
06-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Really nice but you did some mistake in PP !
Like on the background you blurred to much ! You can see it from the feet of the bird !

Harshad Barve
06-25-2010, 01:10 AM
excellent pose and agreed with David & Fabs
TFS

Daniel Cadieux
06-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Apart from the odd effect around the contours of the feet and tail (which you should really try to fix) I'm liking what you were trying to go for here. Nice and sharp head-on flight pose...not easy from what looks like was a relatively small distance from you.

Mike Tracy
06-25-2010, 02:16 PM
Thanks to all who chimed in with your suggestions and comments. I will heed your ideas.

Heading out for a few days with no computer so it will have to wait.