PDA

View Full Version : Song Sparrow

Mike Milicia
06-23-2010, 08:18 PM
EOS-1D Mk IV, 500mm f/4 + 1.4xII, 1/640, f/7.1, ISO 800
Fill Flash at -2
Full Frame

Photographed a couple of weeks ago at Seney National Wildlife Refuge on the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

Looking forward to your comments and critiques ! <!-- / message -->
<!-- / message -->

Colin Knight
06-23-2010, 09:21 PM
The high key look works for me here. But maybe tone down the brightness just a bit? And wow, the detail! Looks like you had plenty of pixels on this guy. I can't help but to think that there's too much dead space on the right. I know what you're going for in the comp, but I think it's too much.

The perch does block part of the bird, but it doesn't bother me a bit since you can still see the tail! It looks very natural. Great singing pose too!

Fabs Forns
06-24-2010, 12:49 AM
Mike great critique by Colin, I agree on all points. Loving the high key and thanks for sharing it :)

Judy Lynn Malloch
06-24-2010, 09:25 AM
Colin has covered it all. Love the singing pose and high key you captured in this image.

Daniel Cadieux
06-25-2010, 01:42 PM
I'm liking this alot, Mike. This is how I see them many times, so I really like the perch even if I usually like 'em less busy. Great singing pose too. Good eye in seeing this! Song Sparrows are often overlooked either in nature or on the web - making this image quite under-rated and overlooked IMO.