PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh Castle Phone Booth

Alfred Forns
06-23-2010, 09:16 AM
Love those red phone booths :) These are as I was going into Edinburgh Castle during a soft day !!! ... wonder if they are disappearing with cell phone usage? Leica M6 35mm Summicron. .. when I see one expect to see Doctor Who stepping out :)

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Jackie Schuknecht
06-23-2010, 09:24 AM
Saw them all over London Al when I was there in early Jun. Classic.

Dave Hassell
06-23-2010, 01:11 PM
We still have them but they are gradually being replaced.

Beth Goffe
06-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Neat contrast between the old and very old. Now, if there were a Police box, you'd really have to worry about Doctor Who! :D

Ian McHenry
06-23-2010, 07:35 PM
Nicely composed image Al.
I used to hate the cobbles and tramlines in wet weather in Auld Reekie on my racing bike !!!!
I see Beth beat me to the punch about the blue Police Box (The Tardus) !!!
So many photogenic places in Edinburgh for the nostalgia fan.
Pity it's only when you've gone from a hometown that you appreciate it's treasures.
Cheers: Ian Mc

Alfred Forns
06-23-2010, 11:44 PM
Hi Ian I hear you about the cobbles and road bikes :) .. can you say Paris–Roubaix :D My favorite event all year !!!

Ian McHenry
06-24-2010, 12:19 AM
That's strange.
I was just thinking that "Le Tour" was my numero uno followed by Red Bull Air Races, Moto GP, IAAF and Fina swimming although not necessarily in that order.
Looks like Contador in great form at the moment so will be hard to beat.
Cheers: Ian Mc

Alfred Forns
06-24-2010, 07:43 AM
Looks that way and will be watching !!! ... btw probably have all the races PR on tape and my favorite is the Johan Museeuw third win in 2002 ! .... need to wait for spring !!!

Ken Lassman
06-24-2010, 10:16 AM
Love these phone booths Al...friend of mine has one in his home and the phone is operable. When the kids were smaller they would go in and call their friends. Only negative is the glass sides...Clark Kent can't rush in and change into his Superman uniform. ;) TFS

Harshad Barve
06-25-2010, 11:00 PM
excellent image Alfred , With the lowest cost of cellphones we have lost all booths here
TFS