PDA

View Full Version : Vivid! - II

Ramesh Adkoli
06-23-2010, 07:17 AM
Here is a vertical comp of this image http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66470
While this image too does not have a focal point of interest, would like to know whether the reflection of the sky is as distracting as the earlier one. Would appreciate your views on this.

EXIF and PP are same as the earlier image.

regards,
ramesh

Dave Mills
06-23-2010, 09:04 AM
Hi Ramesh, yes, I do find it distracting. You managed to find a foreground but the reflected light is breaking it up.
I might also crop a portion off the bottom to where the opening is on the left within the weeds.

Roman Kurywczak
06-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Hey Ramesh,
I feel this is a stronger comp....but I agree with Dave and have the same feelings as the previous post........I do want to give you a suggestion fo rthe next trip out......go lower!!! If you lower your vantage point...you would get the leaves in the darker green.....and then this would shine!!! Look for ways to eliminate the sky reflection.....getting lower in this case would probably achieve that!

Ramesh Adkoli
06-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Thanks Dave and Roman for your inputs. It has been invaluable. I didn't expect it to be so, but this image has been a great learning experience for me. There have been several insights and tips that i can put to use in the field right away. Thanks again.

regards,
ramesh