Giovanni Frescura
06-23-2010, 06:05 AM
Canon Mark III
Canon 300 f.2,8
iso 400
f/500
Add N.P. South Africa

I am not sure about this shoot
I found a problem because the leg in the left side is covered...but the situation is prticular ; it is as an obsessive circle ...
what you think about ?
It could be a good shoot and about pp what you add or change ?
Your help is well accepted ...thanks a lot

Rachel Hollander
06-23-2010, 07:10 AM
I like this, it shows strong behavior that is not often seen. Is this a crop? Only thing I would wish for is more space around them. Congrats on an unusual capture.

TFS,
Rachel

Michael Hogan
06-23-2010, 07:16 AM
Giova,
I like it a lot. It's not perfect as you said, if all the feet were there it would be better but it tells a great story, is sharp and has a good OOF BG. You are drawn into the photo and you have to look hard to find things that you would improve.

Great shot and TFS

Michael

Ricardo Rodriguez
06-23-2010, 07:17 AM
Good action shot! I have no problem with the legs. The OOF BG is pleasing, and the eye-level view is a plus. A bit too tight on the sides; I hope you have room from the original to add there. If not, you might want to add canvas. Well done!

BTW, I'm guessing you meant to write 1/500 for the SS, and please indicate the aperture

Joe Brown
06-23-2010, 07:57 AM
I agree with previous posters. Excellent behavioral shot, good detail and dof. All it needs is more space.

Joe

Giovanni Frescura
06-23-2010, 08:08 AM
I agree with previous posters. Excellent behavioral shot, good detail and dof. All it needs is more space.

Joe

Thanks f.2,8
1/500

It is a medium crop and I have more space...
I decided to made more cropping because I would like give a idea of a circle very close...but you think more space ..I will try..

Harshad Barve
06-23-2010, 08:33 AM
excellent image for all reasons said above , big congrats
TFS

Alfred Forns
06-23-2010, 08:56 AM
Just the tightness but one fine image and a big keeper !! Love the action and having the two clear faces does it !!

PS wise with more room you could position the animals better in frame, possible to mask around the faces and lighten some, just a bit and to taste. Also when finishing would pay attention to the sharpening particularly along the edges of the animals. btw tech wise did not see the shutter speed but would not hesitate to raise the ISO for hight shutter speed !! Mighty fine image !!!

Dave Mills
06-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Hi Giova, good comments by Al and I would open the sides of the image out a bit also. Great action and story telling.
The hidden feet on the left is not a significant issue to me...well handled!

Bill Dix
06-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Great action. You managed to stop it well, and I, too, like the fact that both faces are showing. Good comments above.

Giovanni Frescura
06-23-2010, 03:20 PM
Thanks to all ; now it is better?
Thanks Al I will make your notice as soon

Lance Peters
06-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Great advice above - IMHO - action like this overrides some of the normal pre-requisites.
Like this a lot - shows a behavior - two visible faces.
A bit tight either side perhaps.
Well done - fine image!!

Harold Davis
06-23-2010, 06:01 PM
i really like the crop of the repost. it helps a lot! nice job on the capture. i love the action here!!