PDA

View Full Version : Lotus in habitat

Fabs Forns
06-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Well, even if the habitat is a formal garden, it's still a habitat, isn't it? The orange BG is a concrete wall.
Fruit and Spice Park, with unbearable heat. HAnd held.

Model: Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Lens (mm): 252 (Sigam 180 macro plus 1.4X)
ISO: 800
Aperture: 8
Shutter: 1/1000

Julie Kenward
06-22-2010, 07:13 PM
I love these flowers almost more than any other. There is something rich and opulent about their white petals! The whites here are perfect - lots of detail and no harsh shadows. I love the comp you chose with a little bit of the plant at the base and that beautiful wall in the BG. I'd hang this on my wall in a heartbeat.

Paul Lagasi
06-22-2010, 08:46 PM
I don't know what these flowers are but like this image..the wall color really goes with the color in the centre of the flower...well done

Roman Kurywczak
06-22-2010, 09:29 PM
Hey Fabs,
Well of course it's the habitat! We have some pink ones up here.....so I don't feel the color contrast works as well as yours does here. You've got to work the gardeners......so you can get the bud, bloom, and spent one! Still...very well done on the whites and comp!

Anita Bower
06-23-2010, 04:32 AM
What a beautiful Lotus! Wonderful to see the texture and lines on the petals. I lke the angle you chose for the open flower--it radiates beauty. The inclusion of parts of the leaves, the flower pod (?) and the bud is just right. Very pleasing composition. I like the BG colors, only wish they were slightly more blurred, but that is minor. A serene beauty!

Allen Sparks
06-23-2010, 05:22 AM
Beautiful image and I like the other elements you placed at the bottom of the shot. Wonderful white, contrast, composition.

Thomas Herou
06-23-2010, 08:52 AM
Fantastic whites!
Beautiful BG in this crisp image.
Super,Fabs!