PDA

View Full Version : I am leaving....

Giulio Zanni
06-22-2010, 01:38 PM
He's saying....not me :)

Shot at 1/320 f/5.6 -2/3, iso 1600 at 800mm with 1D MkIV and 800/5.6.

Thanks for looking, Giulio

denise ippolito
06-22-2010, 04:04 PM
Giulio, First of all big welcome to OOTB! I love the cute look of the bird and the action captured. I do wish that the reflection were not clipped and that the bird was a bit more out of the center. Still a sweet capture. As presented I might evict the tree on the right side and give it a slight rotation.

sandy richards
06-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Welcome! Very cute little bird! Do you know what he is?
I believe it needs a bit of CCW rotation.
I'd suggest cloning out the OOF stuff on the right, and it's reflection - although it might be tricky to do so.
What in-camera or post-processing techniques did you use here to make it "OOTB" ?
Sorry if I am misunderstanding the forum: "This forum is for OOTB images modified or created using post processing techniques and / or images created entirely in camera, including toned, desaturated, hand colored and infra red etc."

Arthur Morris
06-22-2010, 07:21 PM
I think that this is just an OOTB pose. Bird is too centered. Pose is too, too cute. A crop from the right, a bit of selective sharpening of the face, and a bit of lightening of the face and breast would likely make this much better.

Jackie Schuknecht
06-22-2010, 09:04 PM
I think this would be great on a clean BG. As is, I think sharpening the eye might give more of a place for your eye to lock on to. Pose is great.

Kerry Perkins
06-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Cute bird and pose! Agree with comments so far and would consider cropping the reflection away or including the whole wing if you have it on the bottom. Nice capture!

Steve Adkins
06-25-2010, 11:51 PM
Giulio, I LOL when a read the caption and then saw the image. Thanks for this day brightener!!:)

Cheryl Slechta
06-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Giulio, welcome to OOTB! The pose is great and I love the water:)