PDA

View Full Version : That's Gotta' Hurt!

Roman Kurywczak
03-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Taken in Venice at the North Jetty using the Canon Mark3 mounted on a tripod w/ wimberly head and the Sigma 300-800mm and the 1.4 tele maxed out at 1120mm. All were locked down tight and manually pre-focused on the one in the nest. ISO 1250 at f16 and 1/2500 sec. I've sometimes waited for hours when these guys are mating for the act. This shot is just before he lands on her back to begin mating and is part of a sequence of 24 all the way until he finished the act (about 3 seconds). Only about 7 are usable as once mating starts he pushes her head down into the nest. Slight crop top and left.
Comments welcomed and appreciated,
Roman

Small Group Photo Tours
www.roaminwithroman.com (http://www.roaminwithroman.com)

Judy Lynn Malloch
03-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Great action you captured in this image Roman and I can not image that those talons felt too good.!!! Very nice that you were able to get eye contact with both birds . The whites just under the wing look a tad hot on my monitor but otherwise very good timing Roman. Thanks for sharing .

Manos Papadomanolakis
03-04-2008, 02:49 PM
I Iike the color of the bg,timing and the eye contact,i would prefer a more warm light!

Jim Poor
03-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Alternate caption: "Honey, scratch my back. . . a little lower, left ahh that's the spot."

I like it.