D300
105mm
1/80 sec, f/7.1
Mode: Av
Metering: Multi-segment

A bit more blur added to BG

Fabs Forns
06-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Your flowers are spectacular, Sandy, love the strong contrast and use of DOF. Could you try and desat the yellows a bit and see if you get even more detail on the petals?

Jackie Schuknecht
06-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Good contrast Sandy, and I think the BG works well here with some blurring. Thought maybe the yellows were a bit oversaturated. Really like your comp.

Julie Kenward
06-20-2010, 08:13 PM
I agree with Fabs - I like vibrant yellows but these might look better with even more detail showing. Lovely comp and good diagonals going on in the BG. Very nice overall!

Allen Sparks
06-21-2010, 04:42 AM
Very Nice composition. I like the crossing stems at bottom and placement of the flowers. Agree with desaturating.

Roman Kurywczak
06-22-2010, 05:38 PM
Hi Sandy,
Yellows already mentioned so no need to go there but I will tell you this...very strong graphic quality to this so I am a big fan of that! I see you have a square crop....so I will ask because I was questioning the partial bud......do you have the room there or did that introduce other unwanted elements? If it would, then I would vote for a bud removal.....the BG gives a nice contrast to the yellows and is blurred very nicely....just right IMO. Implement the few tweaks and this will go up another notch!