PDA

View Full Version : Hopper Nymph

Paul Lagasi
06-20-2010, 09:56 AM
I was out his week a few times and had a opportunity to take some images of these little guys...this particular Nymph was about 3/8ths of an inch..he was hanging in to this leaf for dear life and easy to capture.
I am finding now that the days with no breeze at all, make it so much easier with macro, like the sunny days for birds...learning all the time.
Cropped image and darkened nymph a bit with CS4
D300
105 2.8 macro nikon
iso-640
f8
1/640
hand held

Roman Kurywczak
06-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Hey Paul,
Ahhh....no breeze.....macro nirvana! I use flash because those days are so far and few in between or move indoors if I want natural light! Nice positioning in the frame but I do wonder if this could be toned down overall......but not being familiar with the species.....might just work on face area a bit to give more detail/seperation. Nothing you could do with leaf at back legs....so handled about as good as the situation allowed! Did you climb the f-stop ladder? It would be interesting to see where the BG got too busy if you did. Nicely handled all in all!

Jackie Schuknecht
06-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Nice Paul and good HA.:) Think you did really well and nice separation between the FG and BG. Very good for HH.

Fabs Forns
06-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Yes, another vote for a bit more DOF if it didn't mean a busy BG, because the face tends to get lost. Quiet days certainly lend themselves for great macro opportunities. We prefer cloudy for birds, though :)

Julie Kenward
06-20-2010, 08:20 PM
I agree but I also really do like this as is. He feels almost translucent anyway so seeing him blend in with the surroundings so much seems very natural to me. Nicely handled, Paul.

Paul Lagasi
06-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Thanks all..I will try to re-work with this image using some of the ideas..