PDA

View Full Version : American Bison

john crookes
01-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Yellowstone
Nikon d200 with 70-200mm set at 135mm iso 400 1/1000th at f3.5

Processed through Adobe Lightroom and finished in Adobe Photoshop for sizing output and sharpening

I usually shot in adobe color space and open the image in prophoto 16 bit

i will correct for any color cast do a levels adjustment a contrast ajustment and pre output sharpening.

also a hue and sat ajustment if needed

sent to Adobe Photoshop for noise reduction if needed further sharpening as needed and size ing for output and conversion of color space for output

i convert to srgb for web and adobe 98 for print also change mode to 8 bit

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-03-2008, 01:05 PM
A very strong portrait of this American Bison. I like the intimate crop and pose as well good eye contact but I find a couple of the tall grasses on the left and one on the right a little distracting. The shorter grasses are lovely as a touch of the environment many times adds to the image. The last thing I noticed is it looks slightly over sharpened. Thanks for sharing this with us.

D. Robert Franz
01-03-2008, 06:23 PM
I like the way the bison looks into the frame and you left some room on the right side of the frame. The FG grasses are a problem. Overall I think the framing is to tight. I think I would have liked a lot more room on the bottom of the frame to include more of the bison..

DanWalters
01-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Great color and detail. Maybe just some more room around the subject.