PDA

View Full Version : Brown Pelican

Indranil Sircar
06-19-2010, 07:38 PM
I wanted to create sense of movement here with the pelican flying into it... this is one of those images I did not delete hoping to use it someday on OOTB! :) Extracted the pelican using Topaz remask2. Extended the canvas on the left and applied two rounds of extrude - blocks and pyramids. Changed levels, saturation on the bg and finally applied usm for this effect. Hope you like it...

Christopher Miller
06-19-2010, 09:02 PM
Nice work, Indranil. I think you definitely achieved your goal of a strong sense of motion. :) Very nice colors and composition.

Jackie Schuknecht
06-19-2010, 09:58 PM
Another cool one Indranil. Kerry is going to have a tough time this week. Like the bird angled away and the 3D feeling.

denise ippolito
06-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Indranil, It looks like the bird is flying into the abyss. I like the extrude work on just the BG. Nicely done.

Patti Edens
06-20-2010, 07:21 AM
Indranil, Mission Accomplished. There is a strong sense of directional motion here. I keep thinking that pelican will kick into warp drive and zoom ... Sorry, remnants of my Trekkie past. :)

Indranil Sircar
06-20-2010, 10:12 AM
Thank you all. Appreciate the kind words.

Indranil, Mission Accomplished. There is a strong sense of directional motion here. I keep thinking that pelican will kick into warp drive and zoom ... Sorry, remnants of my Trekkie past. :)

Patti... as a fellow trekkie, wrap was my inspiration for this image :D