PDA

View Full Version : Lines as a Compositional Element.

Fabs Forns
06-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Lines are very important components of a composition and the connivery a different feeling, depending on the orientation.
Horizontal lines_ Peace, calmness, quiet, not much going on.
Vertical lines_ Firmness, permanence, solid, rigidness.
Diagonal lines_ Movement, action, impact, excitement.

We can use them to add meaning to our composition.

Multiple EXP- set of nine, with Nikon D3, 27-70/2.8

Dave Mills
06-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Hi Fabs, good explanation of the effect that lines can have on the viewer. Nice image to illustrate the vertical....

Harshad Barve
06-11-2010, 10:58 PM
excellent image and tutorial here , this image looks like a painting
TFS

Harold Davis
06-12-2010, 08:12 AM
this is a great lesson!! you got a little big of all three here. looks nice!!

Alfred Forns
06-12-2010, 08:18 AM
Thanks Fabs !!!! ...hope you drop over more often :). Great !

Meesh Fink
06-12-2010, 08:29 AM
Hi Fabs, From the thumbnail on the homepage, I didn't think I'd like the image so well - but seeing it with the PP treatment, it looks great. Love the look of that post processing - can you comment on what you used for it?

Dave Leroy
06-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Lovely photo Fabs.

I had noticed your tutorial about multiple exposures in the Educational Forum the other day. I need to take the time to check it out.

And thanks for explanation of "lines" in photos.

Fabs Forns
06-13-2010, 09:00 PM
Hi Fabs, From the thumbnail on the homepage, I didn't think I'd like the image so well - but seeing it with the PP treatment, it looks great. Love the look of that post processing - can you comment on what you used for it?

Hi Meesh, no post processing here, these is a look created with in-camera multiple exposures, shaking the camera ever so slightly.

Thanks, guys!

Juan Carlos Vindas
06-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Buena tecnica y foto.

I agree that this image looks like a painting. And thanks so much for the mini tutorial.