PDA

View Full Version : Bolsa Chica

Allen Johnson
06-19-2010, 01:28 PM
I have been to Bolsa a few times and have probably seen a few BPN members there. I would like to see if anyone would be interested in getting together to share ideas and thoughts. I am renting an 800mm Canon Lens and dont mind letting people trying it out with their camera.
If you are interested or have other locations :) I am all ears.....

Thanks
Allen

Orisen Photography
06-30-2010, 08:16 PM
I would definitely be interested. What dates are you looking at?

Allen Johnson
06-30-2010, 09:26 PM
I should have the 800 on Friday and will be spending a lot of time at Bolsa. I have planed on being there by 430-5pm during next week and possibly very early next week Saturday.
What lens' and camera's do you have? any other takers??

Doug Brown
07-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Jim Neiger and I will be leading a workshop there starting next Saturday. We'll be there Saturday morning the 10th.

Joerg Rockenberger
07-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Doug & Allen,

How is it down there at Bolsa Chica at the moment? I'll be spending next week there. Did you also explore Newport's Backbay? Any other tips re good locations are much appreciated.

Thanks. JR

William Malacarne
07-15-2010, 07:17 PM
JR

I was hoping to hear from Doug or Allen also. I was there a couple of weeks ago and again about a month before that. The first time was a complete waist of time as there was a pretty high tide. The last time there were lots of skimmers but they were way out in the fenced in nest area and only had about 10 or 12 come along withing shooting range, in about an hour and a half. If you will be there next week let me know and maybe I can make it down there one morning.

Bill