PDA

View Full Version : Osprey landing in nest

Jamie Strickland
06-19-2010, 08:39 AM
Took this one in yellowstone a few weeks ago with Dale Franz. The yellowstone river was raging with all the rain / melt so the ospreys had to go far to hunt for food. This one was getting irritated waiting for the partner to return after hours and finally had to get up and go for a quick flight for a bathroom break and we were able to get some decent shots as it came back to the nest.

I considered just doing the osprey in horz and removing the nest but I wanted the nest to be in the pic, and the nest is massive so even here its only showing a small part of it.

Canon 7D + 500L + 1.4x TC ISO 800, F5, 1/400 cropped from horz to vert

denise ippolito
06-19-2010, 09:53 AM
I like the inclusion of the nest. The wings look nice w/ the motion blur. I like your sharp details and the BG. The sides seem a bit tight.

Chris van Rooyen
06-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Love the posture and motion blur. Background is also really perfect. Amazing sharpness for that shutter speed!

Grace Scalzo
06-19-2010, 10:22 AM
I totally love the color palette here and I bet larger the ospreys eye look great. (They do here, just small!). The sharpness of the eyes and body and tail and the motion blur of the wings give this image a dynamic feel.

Cory Bucher
06-19-2010, 09:13 PM
I agree with the frame being a bit tight on the sides and also might consider adjusting levels to brighten it a tad, other than those tiny suggestions a really great image. TFS

Harshad Barve
06-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Love the posture and motion blur, excellent image
TFS

Craig Brelsford
06-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Love the motion blur, love the sharp head; a bit too tightly cropped; the nest needs to be there. Nice work.

D. Robert Franz
06-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Jamie, great job for what we had to work with....