PDA

View Full Version : Gray Fox, male

Jason G. Harrison
06-18-2010, 09:13 PM
Hope your not tiring of my Gray Fox images...have so many to share still;). On this evening, the male came in closer than ever before. At one time, he was less than 10 yards away. I was fast running out of light and so desperately needed more DOF, but alas...I did what I could.

D300s, 600VR, f/4, ISO 720, 1/160th, +.3EV compensation

http://www.jasongharrison.com/images/9732_S.jpg

As always C&C welcomed and encouraged.

Jason

Harshad Barve
06-18-2010, 09:33 PM
Hey Jason , keep them coming and I must say I am enjoying them
Excellent portrait , exqisite pose and killer BG here , Big congrats
TFS

sandy richards
06-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Jason - beautiful portrait!
It looks as if he is curious about you, and becoming sure you mean no harm.
Wonderful detail, colors, and nice BG too. I might crop a hair off the left - no need for quite so much dead space, imo.
Sandy

RakeshDhareshwar
06-18-2010, 10:55 PM
Great composition here . More DOF would have been killer !!!

Steve Kaluski
06-19-2010, 03:31 AM
Hi Jason, I would crop in tighter to give more impact to the image and show off the detail and colour. I would lose at least half the space above and the same also on the lhs, perhaps slightly more? I would also be aware of the dark BG cutting through the head too.

TFS
Steve

Hilary Hann
06-19-2010, 03:51 AM
These grey foxes are stunning subjects, I'm really enjoying seeing them. Agree with others regarding some extra cropping and personally I would try to tone down the BG line running through his head. Perfection doesn't come easy! :D

Alfred Forns
06-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Sweet and love it !!! Great expression and tack sharp !!!

Can only imagine an all even bg but as presented agree on moving up/down to keep the line from intersecting the eyes !!

Jason G. Harrison
06-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the replies...I can only wish for a better transition in the background. I am ok with a bit of PS, but changing that much is not for me. It will have to do;):D. Next time I will ask the Fox to move up or back. More to come...

Jason

Danny J Brown
06-19-2010, 06:33 PM
Hey Jason - I'm with everybody else......loving the gray fox images! Give me call sometime.....Missouri Nature and Environmental Photographers would like to schedule you for a talk.

DB

DanWalters
06-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Beautiful portrait! Nice color and detail as well. Very expressive look.