PDA

View Full Version : early morning flight

daniel valovich
06-18-2010, 04:08 PM
At an altitude of 6,000 ft over the ozarks in arkansas the air was smooth and 70 degrees instead of 90.
What a great way to spend the morning. The clouds were started to rise and grow making the flight real enjoyable
nikon d300
nikon 18-70 3.5-4.5g @18mm
f5.6
1/2500s
iso200

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_0lSa66pPKio/TBvarx7t0aI/AAAAAAAAEFc/A6leOlZQqFc/s800/DSC_5346.jpg

Robert Amoruso
06-19-2010, 09:39 AM
Daniel,

Good exposure and not too much haze made for a nice looking aerial image.

For me, for aerial images to work, a strong pattern in the land, or strong center of interest is needed. I am not seeing that here. The road does help some but its placement takes me only in the upper right part of the image and leads my eye in and out rather quickly - combining with the clouds same direction.

The lower left being so dark does not have enough interest to bring the viewer to that portion of the image.

Dave Mills
06-19-2010, 10:26 AM
Hi Daniel, Agree with Robert's points. I see acenter of interest(the fields) but I also feel their not very strong. There were a few crop ideas I played with but none that I felt strengthened the image enough...

Roman Kurywczak
06-19-2010, 02:50 PM
Hey Daniel,
Very good points brought out above. I think at least you should try lightening the LL side and perhaps even try to eliminate some of the haze.....this will help the image a bit although I agree about the focal point.....just not enough of a strong element to carry the scene.