PDA

View Full Version : River

thijs broekkamp
06-18-2010, 08:18 AM
I always enjoy making photo's of a river with a long shutterspeed. Though i found landscape still very hard, especially making a good composition. So i like to hear your comments.

canon 10-22, tripod, remote, nd filter

http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae54/thijsbroekkamp/_MG_2332bwrktsrgbfull.jpg

Robert Amoruso
06-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Thijs,

You have something interesting going on here, but it leaves me wanting to see more. It feels unfinished to me.

I like the shutter speed used and the affect on the water. The rocks are interesting. THe light green formation upper left looks interesting. But it and the rocks are cut off at odd places. THe FG rock along the lower edge is clipped - if possible including all of it would be preferable. Similarly for the rock on the left edge.

Did you create any other versions that you could post?

For this post, I suggest some additional selective sharpening of the rocks.

Dave Mills
06-19-2010, 10:11 AM
Hi, Agree with Robert regarding opening up the comp a bit. In the future please post more complete shootng specs...
These comps look easier than they are and takes looking at them i different ways...

Roman Kurywczak
06-19-2010, 10:25 PM
Hi Thijs,
Yes the spec like ss and f stop will help us better give you some recommendations on ways to improve the image. Compositionally, I like the curve of the water and rocks but do wish for a bit more flow on the right....as that is the direction of the natural flow. The top seems a bit distracting but could be toned down a bit.