PDA

View Full Version : Hyla meridionalis - Mediterranean Tree Frog

Filipe Caetano
06-18-2010, 03:59 AM
http://www.natugrafia.com/portal/index2.php?option=com_datsogallery&func=wmark&oid=3

Species(Tn/Eg/Pt) : Hyla meridionalis - Mediterranean Tree Frog - Rela Meridional

Camera: NIKON D70
Shutter Speed: 1/200 seg
Aperture: f/11
Metering: Center-weighted Average
Flash: SB-800, -2/3
Focal Distance: 210 mm
Lens: Sigma APO Macro 150mm EX DG + Sigma 1.4x EX DG APO Tele Converter

This is my second post and is indeed the photography area where I feel more at ease. I'm trying to evolve in avian photography but I realy like the tiny world of macro where all started for me.

My best regards,

Filipe Caetano.

thijs broekkamp
06-18-2010, 07:33 AM
Macro is such a cool world. Just like this picture, how the frog is hanging is great, nice background. But i would give the frog a bit more space

Julie Kenward
06-18-2010, 07:35 AM
I love the frogs! Filipe, I have a few minor suggestions. First, maybe try to lighten the shadow under his chin a bit so that area has a little more detail and clone over the flash highlights to bring those down. Also, it would have been nice to get a little more of the eye on the right side. Watch your angle when shooting and try to go in increments from left to right if you can (if you have time and the room to move) so you can choose the one you like best at the end.

Very nice diagonal composition and I like that the frog is high in the frame but might need a slice more room at the top.

Ken Childs
06-18-2010, 07:55 AM
Great pose!
In addition to what Jules suggested, I would lighten and sharpen the eye and lightly clone over the flash highlights on the perch.

Allen Sparks
06-18-2010, 08:49 AM
Love the detail you captured and I am a frog lover too. I agree with the above comments but your original image is a winner on its own.

Vida van der Walt
06-18-2010, 02:09 PM
This is a lovely image Filipe. Super detail, IQ, beautiful bg and a great pose.:)

Kaushik Balakumar
06-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Excellent sharpness and details. Lovely rich colours.
Couple of good inputs from Julie & Ken above.

Paul Lagasi
06-18-2010, 04:57 PM
Very nice pleasing image.....well done

Roman Kurywczak
06-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Hi Filipe,
Very good advice given above......implementing those suggestions will just take this image another notch higher! I do want to mention that considering the frogs skin and perch.....you handled the flash highlights very well.....just tweaking the final ones will make this a real winner!

Filipe Caetano
06-21-2010, 09:58 AM
Thanks for such good tips. I'm overwelming by the knowledge found on this forum and the richness of the critics.

Best regards,

Filipe Caetano