PDA

View Full Version : Great Cormorant "Forns" Style

Jeroen Stel
03-04-2008, 02:04 AM
Hi Guys,

Have had no tima at all to go out and shoot due to work obligations so yesterday i just went out for 20 minutes as i went crazy from sitting behind my computer. Had the opportunity to create some portraits of this Great Cormorant in a bit of a "Forns: style....
Not that i would pretend to even get close to Alfred & Fabiola's qualities, but i liked the way he yawned at me and it reminded me of a great yawning Anghina Alfred recently posted.

Greetings,

Jeroen Stel

Canon Eos 1D Mark3
Shutter speed: 1/500 sec
Aperture: F 13
Exposure mode: AV
Exposure compensation: -1
Flash:no
Flash exposure compensation: -
Metering mode: Evaluative
Drive mode: AI Focus
ISO: 1000
Lens: Canon 600mm F4 + 2x TC
Focal length:1560 mm
AF mode: Auto Focus
On beanbag from car window
Levels/Curves/USM/Contrast/Saturation/Noise Ninja/Lab-Sharpening

Axel Hildebrandt
03-04-2008, 06:03 AM
Great portrait! I like the details, colors, BG and the open bill adds to it. Maybe a bit more space?

Arthur Morris
03-04-2008, 08:46 AM
Insanely beautiful breeding plumage. Very sharp. Very contrasty. Needs a bit more head turn. Is that the tongue???

Later and love, artie

Jim Poor
03-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Really nice. Hopefully I'll get to see a few of these soon. I really like that eye!

Jeroen Stel
03-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your comments so far!
And to Artie...that is indeed a tongue...a small one. but t is...!

Greetings,

Jeroen Stel

Manos Papadomanolakis
03-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Needs a bit more head turn,otherwise a great shot!

Arthur Morris
03-04-2008, 11:35 AM
Really nice. Hopefully I'll get to see a few of these soon. I really like that eye!

Where will you be seeing Great Cormorants???

later and love, artie

Jim Poor
03-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Why in the Netherlands of course ;) Actually, I was thinking Anhinga. Call it a brain fart. I'm home sick today with a stomach bug so I'm not thinking well.

Juan Aragonés
03-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Superdetailed portrait Jeroen of this full breeding plumage cormorant. the pose is stunning and I love the detailed textures of the tiny white feathers on the neck